Baked Breakfast Oatmeal
This is my go-to breakfast. Like really… I eat it almost every day. Last week we ran out of bananas and I was lost; I had somehow forgot all other breakfast foods. It’s quick to put together, healthy, and you can switch up the toppings so it never gets old.
With very few ingredients, all of which you probably already have in the house… there’s no reason to not give it a go!
Some of my favourite combinations are: chocolate chip coconut oats topped with peanut butter and banana, and cinnamon oats topped with fresh fruits and honey.
Healthy Baked Breakfast Oats
- 1 banana mashed
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond milk or other milk/milk alternative
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- toasted walnuts
- banana slices
- peanut butter
- honey drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash ¾ of the banana in a large bowl with a fork. Save the other ¼ for topping.
- Add the oats, egg, vanilla, and almond milk. Stir together until combined. Add optional mix-ins.
- Pour into single serving baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°.
- Top with choice of toppings, and enjoy!
Submit your review