Born from a desire to feed both my friends with dietary restrictions and my picky pals, these vegan coconut chocolate chip cookies are thick and chewy, sweet and salty, nutty and chocolatey. All of the best things! And of course, dairy and egg free.
I made these one time in the summer to bring to a pool party, and now every time I make them I think of sunshine and good vibes. Enjoy!
Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ⅔ cup coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Whisk together coconut oil and sugars. Stir in almond milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold in to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. This will ensure cookies do not spread too much, and stay thick and chewy.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Once chilled, drop dough by a slightly rounded tablespoon onto the ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden and centre is cooked through.
Submit your review