I am kicking the Easter baking off this year with something a little more unexpected: chow mein noodle nests! I know, I know – it sounds weird. But hear me out… These nests are sweet and salty, crunchy and smooth, and just all-around delicious. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make; I’m talking, like, four ingredients and no baking required. This version of the recipe adds a delicious twist with the addition of creamy peanut butter – you know I can’t resist adding peanut butter to stuff!! So whether you’re looking for a last-minute addition to your Easter spread or just want to try something a little out of the box, I highly recommend giving these nests a try.
To make these little cuties, start by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and setting it aside. In a large mixing bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring frequently. Once the mixture is fully melted and smooth, add the chow mein noodles to the bowl and stir gently until they are fully coated. Using a spoon or your hands, shape the mixture into small nests on the lined cookie sheet. Top each nest with a few mini eggs or other small Easter candies. Allow the nests to cool and set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until the chocolate has hardened. Once the nests are set, you can serve them immediately or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Nests
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2.5 cups chow mein noodles
- A handful of mini eggs, for decoration
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Add the chow mein noodles to the melted chocolate mixture and stir until the noodles are completely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a spoon or your hands, shape the chocolate-coated noodles into nest shapes on the lined baking sheet.
- Place a few mini eggs or other small Easter candies on top of each nest.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and let the nests chill for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
- Serve and enjoy!