There are a thousand banana bread recipes out there. Why use this one?? Cause it’s easy. Cause it’s delicious. Cause I said so?? Idk.
Here’s the recipe, and a quick video. Enjoy!
Easy One-Bowl Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (or oat milk)
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts or chocolate chips optional
- 3 tsp sugar, for sprinkling optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- Mush bananas in a large bowl (with a spoon, fork, or mixer).
- Add canola oil, sugars, and vanilla bean paste. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add eggs and milk. Whisk until combined.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Mix with a spatula until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- Fold in toasted nuts/chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with a sprinkle of sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes, checking for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the centre of the loaf. When done baking, the toothpick will come out with just a few crumbs stuck to it.
- Let cool before wrapping or placing in an air tight container for storage.