Spooky season is upon us! I’ve compiled some of my favourite fall and Halloween bakes from last year into one place so you can gather all your inspo for the coming festivities! Each design idea also links to a short video tutorial showcasing the steps, if you’re looking for more detail.
- Create an adorable pumpkin-shaped cake using a pumpkin-shaped silicone mold. Shape orange buttercream into ridges, and add piped vines and a stump.
- Craft a tombstone cake using the cake top forward technique, gray and black frosting, crushed cookie “dirt,” and carefully piped flowers and vines.
- Make a regular cake and top it with Wilton 1M piped frosting pumpkins to create the illusion of a charming pumpkin patch.
- Start with a regular round cake coated in orange buttercream. Trace and cut out a stenciled jack-o-lantern face from parchment paper. Using the stencil and black buttercream, apply the face to the cake. Finish it off with some piped vines.
- Create an elegant all-black cake with intricate piped designs for an aura of mystery.
- Decorate a mini cake to look like a pumpkin using the Wilton 1M piping tip and vibrant orange frosting. Add piped details for an adorable pumpkin-inspired treat.
- Carve a tall round cake into a cauldron shape and enhance the effect with green ganache “potion” and candy body parts.