Not sure if this can even be called a “recipe” considering how simple it is… But it is absolutely a must-try!
After chopping the top of the garlic head off, each clove should be exposed. A drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt is all it needs before roasting in the oven for 40 minutes. When the garlic comes out of the oven, it will be soft enough to spread like butter (and squeezing the little cloves out of their sleeping bags is the most satisfying thing ever). The punch of raw garlic gets cooked out, leaving behind pure flavour with a slight sweetness.
This stuff can honestly be put on anything… My favourite combination is some bagel crackers, red pepper jelly, and goat cheese. But it works great on pizza, naan, garlic bread, in pasta, with veggies, the list goes on!
Get to roasting! Trust me, your house will smell AMAZING. One last tip – the cloves can be stored in the fridge for a few days after roasting. I always do a large batch so I can keep some on hand, and just heat them up a little before digging in for round two.
Easy Roasted Garlic Recipe
- 4 garlic heads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°C.
- Chop off the top of the garlic heads, to expose each clove.
- Place the garlic heads onto a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap the heads in the aluminum foil, covering them entirely. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven, unwrap the foil, and dig in! The cloves will squeeze out easily and should spread like butter.
Submit your review