We recently hit up Ocean City (again), for Tyler to do a race (again)… But this time instead of a 70.3, it was his first full Ironman! Since the week was very training and race focused, I don’t have a whole lot of travel recommendations for you guys other than play mini golf, go to the beach, and check out the boardwalk. Food though?? We ATE.
So, here’s a list of some of my favourites of the places we went to, that I would call must-visits for anyone heading to Ocean City:
Dumsers Dairyland: Iconic Ice Cream Stop
- Address: 4911 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842 (and others)
- Known For: Creamy, old-fashioned ice cream sundaes and mouthwatering milkshakes.
This is a spot that’s heaping with nostalgia and tradition, and for good reason. They have delicious soft serve, fun scooped ice cream flavours, and crazy good sundaes.
Ripieno’s Pizza: 28″ Pies to Die For
- Address: 714 N Philadelphia Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842
- Known For: Authentic, New York-style pizza pies with a variety of exciting toppings (as well as the classics).
When we came here in 2022, we skipped out on the ginormous 28″ pizza, and came back in 2023 to settle the score and take one down. An excellent choice. Wood fired pizzas with awesome toppings and gargantuan sizing… a must stop!
Kohr Bros: Refreshing Soft Serve
- Address: 500 S Atlantic Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842 (and others)
- Known For: Silky-smooth frozen custard – a classic beachside treat.
I’m not usually a big soft-serve fan, but this stuff was heavenly. They even have peanut butter soft serve!!
Thrashers Fries: Top Tier Fries on the Boardwalk
- Address: 401 S Atlantic Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842
- Known For: Crispy, golden french fries served piping hot and dusted with their famous secret seasoning.
Grab a cup of fries to enjoy while strolling the boardwalk. You won’t be disappointed!
Nick’s House of Ribs: Must-Try Onion Loaf & AYCE Ribs
- Address: 14410 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842
- Known For: Finger-licking good barbecue ribs, tender pulled pork, and a cozy, family-friendly atmosphere.
We’ve stopped here two years in a row now, and I’d do it every year! The onion loaf is truly special, and the ribs/wings/brisket/pulled pork are all amazing too. The boys really lucked out and we got all you can eat the day after their Ironman… definitely got our money’s worth!
Coconuts Beach Bar: The ONLY Stop for Drinks
- Address: 3701 Atlantic Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842
- Known For: Tropical cocktails, beachfront views, and a laid-back vibe – the perfect spot to unwind.
Yummy drinks, live music, and 2-for-1 happy hour! The perfect way to kick off an evening.
Snapper’s Waterfront Cafe and Tiki Bar: Casual Dining with a View in Cambridge
- Address: 112 Commerce St, Cambridge, MD 21613
- Known For: Nestled in the charming town of Cambridge, Snapper’s offers a unique waterfront dining experience with a tropical twist. Enjoy fresh seafood, handcrafted cocktails, and live music on the tiki bar deck while taking in the scenic views of the Choptank River.
This was just a convenient stop for us that ended up being lovely! Amazing back patio views of the harbour, and simple classic pub food.
Pablo’s Bowls: Quick & Healthy Breakfast
- Address: 7301 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842 (and others)
- Known For: Healthy and colorful acai bowls, smoothies, and fresh fruit creations that energize your day.
The perfect way to kick off a day of exploring and probably eating a lot of fried food! Lol.
45th Street Taphouse: Amazing Sunset and Pub Grub
- Address: 4507 Coastal Hwy, Ocean City, MD 21842
- Known For: Craft beers on tap and a diverse menu offering everything from seafood to gourmet burgers, all with a stunning view of the bay.
Pretty much all of the restaurants on the bay side (west of the strip) have amazing sunset views – this one is just on the list because we happened to go here to be honest. 🙂