Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, Canmore is not only a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts BUT also a culinary delight for food lovers. It is a charming little mountain town with everything from cozy bakeries to trendy cocktail lounges. Here’s my list of places we stopped by, with my honest reviews to help you figure out where to eat. Some were unreal, and some were just so-so!
Four Two Nine Six: Elevated Dining
- Address: 626 8 St Unit 3, Canmore, AB T1W 2B5
- Known for: A trendy spot for creative cocktails, small plates, and a vibrant atmosphere.
Our friends showed us this place, which is a favourite of theirs – we quickly learned why! I’ve never had such delicious food that just hit every single thing right. Read all bout it in my dedicated post on Four Two Nine Six here.
Epi Canmore: Delicious Pastries
- Address: 102 Boulder Crescent #4, Canmore, AB T1W 1L2
- Known for: Authentic French cuisine, including delicious pastries and croissants.
We stopped by here after a hike to refuel with pastries and hot drinks! The hot chocolate was warm milk, but the treats were all phenomenal. Erik loved the cardamom bun, Tyler enjoyed the mango donut, and my crepe was delish!
Das Schnitzelhaus: Soul-Warming German Grub
- Address: 714 8 St, Canmore, AB T1W 2B6
- Known for: Authentic Austrian and German cuisine, with schnitzel being a standout dish.
I’m definitely biased cause I am German but gosh a well done schnitzel just hits so good!! This place was the ultimate in comfort food, with a pretty little patio and good drinks.
Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co: Wood Fired Pizzas
- Address: 838 Main St, Canmore, AB T1W 2B7
- Known for: Serving organic, handcrafted pizzas with a focus on fresh and locally-sourced ingredients.
Pizza done RIGHT! Cooked in a wood fire right in front of ya. They have classics like pesto chicken (we had this one, it was amazing), and more unique options like bison and brie (also yummy!).
JK Bakery Cafe: A Quick Coffee Stop
- Address: 1514 Railway Ave, Canmore, AB T1W 1P6
- Known for: A cozy bakery and cafe known for its artisanal bread, pastries, and coffee.
Hot chocolate was warm milk. But it was pretty! 🙂
Blondies Cafe: Simple Breakfast Options
- Address: 701 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, AB T1W 4H2
- Known for: A popular breakfast spot offering a variety of delicious breakfast and brunch options.
We stopped by here cause we wanted a healthy breaky and the açai bowl was pretty basic to be honest. Good coffee and cookies though!
Old Tyme Candy Shoppe: Crazy Candies
- Address: 717 8 St, Canmore, AB T1W 2B2
- Known for: A nostalgic candy store offering a wide selection of candies and sweets.
I feel like every tourist town has an old candy shoppe just like this one… but it’s still fun to go poke around and see the crazy stuff they have. Check out this shelf that’s all just weird types of Reese’s!