When I was little, I bought my dad a crepe pan and wooden spreader for Father’s Day. I thought he really liked crepes, because he made them for me all the time… Yes, I see now that he was making them for ME. But hey! He has to have enjoyed them as well. They’re delicious. The perfect weekend brunch, dessert, or anytime snack really.
One of the best parts is how simple these are to make, and how many different varieties you can make by switching up the fillings. My all-time favourite is strawberries and Nutella. Other great options include: bananas, raspberries (any fruit really), plus maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, chocolate ganache, peanut butter, or any combination of the above. Get creative!
- 1 cup milk or plant based milk (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 T sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 T butter (plus more, for greasing the pan)
- pinch salt
- Melt butter, and allow to cool slightly while prepping the other ingredients.
- Add milk, egg, sugar, flour, melted butter, and salt to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, with no lumps remaining.
- Allow batter to rest for at least 5 minutes – you can start heating the pan on medium while waiting.
- Melt additional butter on the pan and swirl it around, making sure it's fully coated.
- Add as much batter to the pan as needed to fully cover it in a thin layer – you can swirl the pan around to spread the batter or smooth it with the back of a ladle or spoon. This amount will vary based on the size of your pan.
- Cook until lightly browned. You can check if it is ready by lifting the edges with a spatula. It will not release from the pan until it is cooked.
- Flip the crepe, cooking the second side until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Fill the crepes with your favourite fruits and spreads, top with whipped cream (optional, but delicious), and enjoy!
Submit your review
I like your decorating style and that your create your own recipes